Pottermore Releases New J.K Rowling Material
This morning, Pottermore announced that “you can now visit the library on Pottermore and read excerpts from selected books.” As per normal for Pottermore this announcement left a lot to the imagination. What library? Excerpts from all the Harry Potter books? Huh?!?
Well after some digging on Twitter and some Pottermore clicking it seems that J.K. Rowling has written excerpts of books found within the Hogwarts library, and they’re readable as of today if you find them hidden in Pottermore Moments that are set in the library (specifically chapters 12, 14, and 15). So if you don’t have a Pottermore account you’ll need one to read the following exercepts in full. But don’t worry Pottermore is now open to the public. It’s as simple as signing up and getting sorted in your respected house!
Below are links to all five. Special thanks to Hypable for the links:
– “A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration”: When Transfiguring, it is important to make firm and decisive wand movements. Do not wiggle or twirl your wand unnecessarily, or the Transfiguration will certainly be unsuccessful. (more)
– “One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi”: Dittany is a powerful healing herb and restorative and may be eaten raw to cure shallow wounds. (more)
– “Curses and Counter-Curses”: The Tickling Spell: Point your wand directly at your enemy and shout ‘Titillando!’ (more)
– “The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)”: Charms differ from Transfiguring Spells in the following manner: a charm adds certain properties to an object or creature, whereas a transfiguring spell will change it into something utterly different. (more)
– “The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection”: Werewolf bites should be thoroughly and magically cleaned, as the werewolf’s fangs are venomous. However, there is no cure once you have become a werewolf, so try and avoid being bitten at all costs. (more)
What do you think about the new information? I wish Rowling had written these books in full! Wouldn’t that be awesome? We could have a Hogwarts library books set. A girl can dream…