In a new interview with AccessHollywood, Shailene Woodley revealed that, “Theo James, who plays my love interest in the film, is 28. In the book his character is about 18, but in the movie we’re making him about 24, or 25. He’s kind of ageless in a way. Even though in the book Tris is 16, we never really allude to the fact that she’s that young….this film has a kind of maturity to it. People constantly compare us to Hunger Games and I think that’s awesome. It kicked ass and Jen Lawrence is amazing. I think it’s a big compliment.”
Obviously Theo James doesn’t look 18, so fans of the books may feel a bit better knowing that they have changed his age for the films, rather than trying to pass him off as an 18 year old. I wonder how they don’t mention Tris’ age in the movie when she and her fellow peers go through the choosing ceremony at the age of 16. Their ages probably won’t take or changing anything from the story but it is a factor considering the age of the audience, particularly the fans of the books. In any case I’m sure we can all agree that we can’t wait to see Divergent in theaters March 21, 2014!
Book Title: Allegiant
Author: Veronica Roth
Release Date: 22 October 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins Children’s Books
Paperback Edition, 496 pages.
Book Synopsis: “What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?”
So these are the basic facts we know above, and here are some of the things you may have missed if you just jumped on the Divergent train:
- There will be a new male character (LA Times Festival of Books)
- Allegiant will be written from two perspectives: Tris and Four!
- Veronica Roth tried to name a character from book 3 the same as her brother in law but it was too weird.
- Chicago O’Hare airport is confirmed by Roth to be the building on the bottom of the U.S. cover. Thus we can assume that there will be something taking place at the building that was once the airport. (Veronica Roth’s Blog)
- The circular water symbol that features prominently on the U.S. cover is not a faction symbol, but it will feature as a symbol in Allegiant. (Veronica Roth’s Blog)
- In the U.K. cover (below) the Chicago city skyline is in the very foggy far distance, and to a lesser extent it is depicted in the same way on the U.S. cover. We can safely assume that Tris and co will finally be exiting the bounds of their world and discovering the world outside of the five factions.
- The U.S. cover tagline: “One Choice Will Define You”
- The U.K. cover tagline: “She must make her final choice.”
Have we missed something? Comment with your information below!
Are you a George R.R. Martin fan? Check out all there is to know about The Winds of Winter, Martin’s next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.